[OM] Re: [OT] To my friends on the list

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] To my friends on the list
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 01:02:20 -0700
Oh, Tom, I'm so sad to hear about Debbie. First time I've cried at the
keyboard in a long time.

As with so many others, I find it really hard to find words that don't
sound too small. But I do know that they can help.

I really feel for you, buddy; be strong, as I know you are, and don't
let the compassion, love and help of those who care for you go unused -
accept the help.

I'm sure your Big heart, generosity of spirit and love will pull the
three of you through this. There really are light, life and joy on the
other side of the darkness.

____________________________________
It's really too early for the rest of what I have to say, but I don't
know if I will have an opportunity at any better time, so here goes.

You are so lucky to have your girls. Pieces of you and Debbie right
there with you and the best reasons possible to find your way back to
wholeness.

My second wife, the better one, died in 1989, when our son was 7 and my
son, who had lived with us for 7 years, was 17. And you know, it was
really hard sometimes, really hard beyond word's capacity to say. For
me, it would come in waves. It would sneak up sometimes unexpected.

But I had friends and family to stand by me and a son who had lost his
mother to raise, and do it well on my own. And things did get better; it
took time, and there were some setbacks, but I did become whole again.
Life after Felicia has been a good life too.

And the love and patience and persistence and care all paid off. I just
had lunch today with our son, now 25, and he is such a wonderful person.
I'm just in awe of what a thoughtful, caring and compassionate person he
has turned into. I don't take credit for all that, but I do give myself
credit for helping him through the hard times so he could become himself
without debilitating scars.

Now you have the opportunity to do that for your daughters, and I really
believe it is a very special opportunity.

God bless and keep you on this next part of your journey through life.

Moose