[OM] Re: OT- your thoughts on the N**** D80

Subject: [OM] Re: OT- your thoughts on the N**** D80
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 07:23:34 -0700
Wow. You had a 3G? The German civilian who ran the photo lab on base
when I was in the Army had one. He is the one who dragged me down to
his friend who had a Leica dealership and talked him into giving me
an illegal cut price on my M3. The 3G was gone by that point. Theydid
not have a long run before the M3 came out. By the the time I was out
of the service and looked around for a 3G collectors had already bid
them up I could not find one I could afford. It virtually disappeared
from the US when the Japanese collectors got into the game.

Congrats on the D80. I think you will like it and the glass.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA