[OM] Re: [OT] The Do's and Don'ts of apostrophe placement

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] The Do's and Don'ts of apostrophe placement
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 15:17:01 +0000
Whilst out in the garage applying yet another layer of carnauba wax to the SSR,
I was thinking about the fact that mine, coming off the assembly line at the
Lansing Craft Center on December 14, 2005, was one of the later models, since
production ceased on April of 2006 and the last change to these vehicles
occurred in October of 2005. But since "later" in the preceding sentence has
become an adjective rather than an adverb, I come to this quandry: If
individually my SSR is a later model, would not, if considered collectively,
all SSRs (note proper lack of apostrophe) made after the date of the last
change be properly called the latter model?

I don't know what I'm talking about, do I? Maybe carnauba wax has some effect
on the brain, affecting my ability to reason for some reason.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --