[OM] Re: [OT] The Do's and Don'ts of apostrophe placement

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] The Do's and Don'ts of apostrophe placement
From: "Gary Holder (c)" <gary.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 21:38:17 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:50 AM

> At near 'bout the top of my list: really unique, very unique, etc.
> "Unique" is an absolute, and something either is unlike anything else in
> the whole wide world, or it ain't, and if it ain't, then it ain't unique.

This somehow brought to mind an "original" saying of mine (the """s implying
sarcasm, and therefore that I understand the saying is likely NOT unique):

"I'm unique, just like everyone else." I'd also note that this concept seems
to be a major element of preschool and kindergarten curricula, apparently
needing pounding into tyke's heads, lest they be led astray.

Gary H.