[OM] Re: Your assistance...digital vs. analog

Subject: [OM] Re: Your assistance...digital vs. analog
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 22:35:55 -0400
20-30 years?  How does 2-3 years strike you with an occasional failure
in less than 2.  And, I hate to break this to you; the longevity of the
DVD's will be less than the CD's.

If you're really going to write to CD's and DVD's you shouldn't be using
anything other than these or an equivalent if you can find it.
<http://store.mam-a-store.com/standard---archive-gold.html>
One other option is the Kodak Gold CD which is now back in production
after being amongst the missing for a number of years.
This store sells Kodak <http://www.datamediastore.com/kodak.html> and
MAM-A <http://www.datamediastore.com/mamamitsui.html>

But I think several hard drives are a more attractive option.  I saw a
250GB (I think) drive the other day going for $59 with rebate.  You can
buy a couple of these for the price of 100 MAM-A gold CD's.  A lot
faster and less hasssle too.

Chuck Norcutt