[OM] Re: (OT) Hitchhikers

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) Hitchhikers
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 22:50:48 -0700
Wow, I remember seeing pictures a few times before but I don't remember so
many cocoons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomato_worm

I tried searching for parasitic wasp first. That turned up some interesting
things but not the right one. Apparently there is a parasitic wasp wihich
lays tiny eggs that are eaten by a caterpiller. The larvae attack other
parasites inside of the caterpillar or if the caterpillar is fed to another
insects larvae, the tiny parasite will attack the larvae eating the
caterillar.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----