[OM] Re: The cost of backup

Subject: [OM] Re: The cost of backup
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 12:52:02 +0100
In general terms, I agree with you, Chuck.

In specific terms, the I find the Linksys NSLU2 is well worth a look at
USD80 here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833124036
with a review here:
http://www.tomsnetworking.com/2004/07/06/linksys_network_storage_link_for_us
b_2_nslu2/

I use it with a pair of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148170

USD350 for 500GB of networked file storage, ready to go, is slightly higher
than your solution, but slightly more flexible if you have more than one PC
to backup - and permits the backups to be remote from the PC.

--
Piers