[OM] Re: Two versions of the OM 2?

Subject: [OM] Re: Two versions of the OM 2?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 18:57:03 -0700
AllanDan wrote:
> While reading thorough an OM2 manual, I discovered that my OM2 resets
> the locked mirror differently than in the manual. The manual states to
> use the batt. check/reset button. My camera resets the mirror by pushing
> in a tiny reset button, and then turning the shutter ring to B. Anyone
> know why this is?

It sounds like you have an OM-2 with an OM-2n manual. I seem to recall
that the front of the manual didn't change while the insides did.

The little button is not really a reset button, but a simple mechanical
lock to prevent setting to B unintentionally.

Releasing that lock and setting B releases the mirror on both 2 and 2n.
In addition, the switch setting labeled 'Check' on the 2 is labeled
'Check-Reset' on the 2n and will also release a mirror stuck in the up
position.

Moose