[OM] Re: megapixel capacity of the E-3

Subject: [OM] Re: megapixel capacity of the E-3
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 00:05:47 +0800
John

I will be frank with you. Olympus HAS NOT FINALISED/CONFIRMED actual Mpix
count and neither have they FULLY CONFIRMED/SIGNED OFF the choice of image
sensor. There are "several" E-3s available at Shinju-ku under cloak and
dagger. It's now up to them to drag it to the eleventh hour, then hold their
breath and make the decision they will have to live for the rest of their
lives. In and amongst the selection of E3s is one that has a 10.2Mpix photo
sensor. None of them have a Kodak sensor. There are surprises in there. I
hope they make the right choice; the one I have in mind because that sensor
will produce absolutely stunning natural colours.

Daniel was pretty much spot on with some of the things he said. Announcement
will come on Sept 26. You are very very likely to see a scaled mockup of the
E-3 but it will be under glass.

K.

On 12/09/06, Daniel Sepke <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> John,
>
> The anticipated number is somewhere in the 10-12 range. Hopefully...
>
> The perspectives I have heard regarding release (both here on the list and
> in sales peoples hints from the hints from reps for whatever that is
> worth)
> are that it should be announced at Photokina in a couple of days. As to
> when
> it ships that is a bit more hazy, personally I wouldn't expect to see it
> this year but you never know it may ship in time for Christmas possibly.
> Also be prepared for a $2000-2500 price point for the body alone
> initially.
>
> Dan S.

Khen Lim
XIOS Network Solutions