[OM] Re: strange om2 problem(s)

Subject: [OM] Re: strange om2 problem(s)
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 00:18:31 +0800
No no no no no no! I'm really losing my nuts, AG! I was actually referring
to the 4 not the 2! Oh shit....
With the 2S, there is no beep and there is no reset in the way of the
OM-4Ti. You're right there. I'm only 46 (turned that exactly a week ago :)
) but my brain feels like it's been raked through with steel comb....

OK, I have to reveal something to you about the OM-2n, which is not found in
the manual. It was a deliberate design from Maitani. Are you aware that the
2n has a mechanical shutter speed override....?

K.

On 13/09/06, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > AG, removing the lens is the OTHER way of resetting the entire
> > metering system. You should also hear a faint beep when the
> > lens is removed provided power is ON.
>
> Huh?  I've shot the OM-2S since 1986 and I've never heard a
> faint beep when removing a lens.  I thought it was the OM-4 that
> had the lens-reset button functionality?  The OM-2S lacks that
> little button that always snags on screw holes.  To the best of
> my knowledge, the only lens-awareness the OM-2S mount has is the
> position of the aperture linkage arm.
>
> Do tell!
>
> AG

> http://mail.yahoo.com