[OM] Re: Why not tales of OM?

Subject: [OM] Re: Why not tales of OM?
From: AllanDan <allandan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 21:45:57 -0400
I'll be blunt and say I don't give a d*mn about digital cameras. My
first digital camera was an Olympus, and it's been sold and forgotten
years ago. I don't do digital at all today. Does that matter? Is the
list nothing more than a wish list of new features? Sure it's always fun
to play around with new gadgets, but aren't the images that come from
those gadgets more important than the gadgets themselves?

Isn't the list a perfect opportunity to support its members? Have you
all forgotten how when Olympus dumbed film cameras it was less than
appreciative to its film-buying customers? Do you really think you
should be made to pay $10 to download an Olympus OM2n manual from the
Olympus site? Konica Minolta is doing the same thing to its customers
now that it has stopped all photography sales.

I have an OM2, and I plan to get a few more Oly film cameras, and I love
stories of the film years.

Allan Wafkowski