[OM] Re: Feeling like a minority...

Subject: [OM] Re: Feeling like a minority...
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:37:07 -0500
Moose wrote:

>>>If Olympus could figure that out, even with a chip upgrade, I'd gladly
>>>send mine in for the swap.  I just can't handle the price of entry into
>>>Pro Can*n Land.
>>>

> You sure don't need to go pro. Even the entry level 350D is already way
> better on noise that any E-thingie so far, and the 400D will probably be
> better yet. And the N bodies are in the same ballpark. They still lag C,
> but not by nearly as much as they exceed Oly in low noise at higher isos.
>
> And short of pro, but still pricey, the 5D is simply astonishing at high
> isos. I know I've posted this before, but this is iso 3200!!!
> <http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/5D/Jellyfish/_MG_0194.htm> I
> suspect the 30D is similar, but don't know for sure.

The theatre I belong to does own a D-Rebel... I may try that (with the
native C*n*n lens) next time and see how it does.  I'm just not enamored
of the ergonomics of that camera, both physical and control-wise.  What
takes me 5 seconds to change on the E-1 takes rougly a minute of
stepping through various menus to find on the Rebel.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon