[OM] Re: Why not tales of OM?

Subject: [OM] Re: Why not tales of OM?
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 01:08:42 +0800
If I can recall, I had a number of reasons that led me to joining this List.
Candace and Ali Shah were particularly instrumental in their strong
persuasion that I should join. I resisted for a while but these two great
people persisted and persisted until I decided to take a peek. The next
reason was that moronic behaviour in the other forum that I was involved in
pushed me to leave. The third reason was just one name - Olympus.
This List is so diverse it's difficult to cope but that's perfectly alright.
The first two days I was at the List, I was overwhelmed and I found myself
frantically trying to reply and post responses. It became impossible to cope
and like many in this List, I also decided to scan the email message title
and delete what I wasn't interested in. But of course this decision also
meant that I might just miss out on some threads that could have proven to
be interesting because many do deviate to something that might have appealed
to me, which I wouldn't have known because I have deleted them.
I'm going to be frank - I have very little interest in Canon or Nikon
equipment discussed here unless they are brought into a discussion in
comparison with Olympus'.
As for talk about OM versus E-series digital, I'm not sure if this is even
valid because we're still in Olympus-land anyway. In fact I'm going to ask
all of you why there is no talk about Olympus DLP/LCD projectors? Isn't
anyone aware that they are for sale?
I have absolutely no qualms when people want to reminisce over OM SLRs. I
still have very much of a foothold in this area because of my experiences. I
have little involvement in digital at Olympus because I left in 1992. What I
know is what I learn from my contacts who are still at Shinju-ku. So please
forgive me if I find some of the E-series questions a bit out of my range
for the moment. I'm trying my best to climb that steep learning curve.
For those who love to talk about OM, do please continue. For those who enjoy
digital, let's also not stop.

K.

--
Khen Lim