[OM] Re: E-400 Not for North America

Subject: [OM] Re: E-400 Not for North America
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 20:39:59 +0100
That convinces me it is a pricing issue.

Given that US market prices are generally lower then in Europe, and given
the currently weak dollar, perhaps the price at which it would have to be
marketed (by comparison with other brands' offerings) gave too small a
margin for the US distributor to consider?

Guessing that it will hit these shores at about GBP600, that would directly
translate to USD1000.  Now I would be very happy to take advance orders from
list members "over there" ... but how many takers will there be at that
price?  33% more than a Digital R*bel/350D??

--
Piers