[OM] Re: E-400 size comparison...

Subject: [OM] Re: E-400 size comparison...
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 03:42:28 +0800
LATEST NEWS
The confirmation from Shinju-ku is that the E-xxx range is split into three
clear segments where each will grow and evolve into future variant.
The E-3xx segment will be identifiable from the other two by being the only
ones in the E-xxx class to feature LiveView and for all intents and purposes
is the closest link to the next class up, the E-xx.
The E-4xx segment represents Olympus' interpretation of the small and
lightweight consumer-grade DSLR and is used as the key bridge to the
previous C-5050/C-5060/C-7070/C8080 user segment. Efforts to evolve further
is possible through future E-4xx models such as the E-410 or E-440. These
models will be released eventually where you should see further
simplification, automation and possibly slightly smaller still but not at
the expense of quality. The women's market is right here with the E-4xx and
promises to be a potentially burgeoning one for Olympus if they get this
right.
The E-5xx segment represents the traditional DSLR edge for Olympus.
Basically no-frills, good value serious amateur cameras here.

FURTHER NEWS
With the present lineup of 14-42, 14-45 and 14-54, one will eventually be
discontinued. And I'm sure all you guys know which one that will be.

K.

On 15/09/06, Jez Cunningham <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So silvernose gave us AG Schnozz - who's going to take "blue-ring" and sex
> it up?
> Jez
>

> On 9/14/06, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Jeff Keller wrote:
> > > Thanks for posting the link!!!
> > >
> > > A blue ring means a plastic mount ???
> > > http://dpnow.com/articles/3006/gallerypage25.html
> > >
> > Looks like all the lenses will start sporting the blue line. "and
> > feature a stylish design with a blue ring in the middle – the new
> > insignia for the Olympus E-System lens line-up."

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Khen Lim
XIOS Network Solutions