[OM] Re: E-400 on dpreview

Subject: [OM] Re: E-400 on dpreview
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:46:01 -0400
Here's everything and more than what you'd want to know about the PCMCIA
standards. <http://www.pcmcia.org/pccard.htm>

The original 16 bit standard dates to 1990, stardard revised in 1995 to
add 32-bit bus mastering and was being actively changed up until 2001.

According to the FAQ Cardbus has now been superceded by a new PCMCIA
fostered stadard called "Express Card" and "Express Bus".
<http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/about.jsp>  I hadn't heard of it
before but it's supposed to be appearing now or soon on a laptop near you.

Chuck Norcutt