[OM] Cardbus, was E-400 on dpreview

Subject: [OM] Cardbus, was E-400 on dpreview
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:23:37 EDT

In a message dated 9/14/2006 4:46:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

According to the FAQ Cardbus has now been superceded by a new PCMCIA
fostered stadard called "Express Card" and "Express  Bus".
<http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/about.jsp>  I hadn't  heard of it
before but it's supposed to be appearing now or soon on a  laptop near you.

Chuck Norcutt

My Dell Inspiron E1505 has an Express Card slot. I haven't had the  need to
look for any cards for it, though. The E1505 comes with a built-in flash  card
reader and WiFi (of course) and those were the only two functions I needed
add-on cards for with my old 4100.

Greg