[OM] Re: E-400 on dpreview

Subject: [OM] Re: E-400 on dpreview
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:44:53 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Remember the Shart Shooter University skin tone shootout?  It's far from
> finished but the 5D has the early lead.  'course Oly, Pentax and others
> weren't invited to participate since they only have matched Tamron
> 28-75/2.8's for C and N.  Too bad since that lens is available for
> Pentax and Minolta.  Interestingly the 1Ds Mark II and the D200 are
> currently on the bottom of the list.  They say they won't be done until
> all the images are judged by 50 photographers.
> <http://www.shootsmarter.com/DSLRshootout.html>

Will is certainly a good self promoter and comes up with interesting
projects to call attention to his workshops, etc.

I'm not sure what this one really means. In including only two brands,
no matter that they dominate the market in general, he makes the results
pretty narrow. Leaving out the Sigmas and the E-1, in particular, as
cameras with reps for excellent portrait results, he leaves the
ostensible question of which camera gives the best skin tone unanswered.

And for those who use RAW and various neutral and/or color references to
control processing in their workflow, the results are meaningless.
Still, a fun thing to follow.

Think he will say how close the results are later?

Moose