[OM] Re: CCD post processing noise reduction

Subject: [OM] Re: CCD post processing noise reduction
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 23:02:27 -0700
It is a spin off of the red eye reduction in which the little
computer has to find the little red dots in the middle of a face and
change them to black. Somehow it does not obliterate the tail lights
of cars. But I guess the rear of a car does not look like a face to a
computer either. The face recognition is used for the focusing system
not to remind you of their name. I think it is based on the
assumption that many people are only interested in pointing a camera
at people as the center of interest and automatically focuses on the
face. It is a selectable option. I don't know what it does with more
than one face except perhaps to provide for whining on a forum
somewhere.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA