[OM] OT Shhh! Big Brother is listening.

Subject: [OM] OT Shhh! Big Brother is listening.
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:48:06 +0000
My wife called me from her office after returning from lunch a few minutes ago,
like she usually does, and as we were talking about the time to load up and
leave for Knoxville and the Game tomorrow night, she received another call and
said, "I'd better take this. I'm sure it's about an execution. And let's not
forget to take the guns for Sunday."

It all made sense to me, but I got to wondering what the guv'mint eavesdroppers
might make of it. I'm getting more and more like a slightly paranoid, but very
funny, friend I had many years ago who had a serious distrust of government,
particularly the FBI, and always answered his phone, "F**k Hoover. Go ahead."
Like him, any respect I once had for the Feds is just about gone now.

Anyway, my wife works for a financial management company and buys stocks and
bonds every day, so the "execution" referred to a broker calling about the
conclusion of a trade. And the guns for Sunday? We're going with some friends
for some Sunday morning skeet shooting. (Tell PITA we shoot 'em, but we don't
eat 'em.)

Wait! Is that someone kicking in the door? I didn't even hear the helicopters.

See y'all next week. Maybe.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from