[OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:28:10 -0700 (PDT)
No one ever accused Olympus America of being Brainiacs.

I've watched for the past 20 years how OA has alienated almost
every major retailer, ignored the rest, and insulted the
customer-base. What makes anyone think that the change of
address to Pennsylvania is going to fix that culture of moronic
behavior and attitude.

A couple three years ago I railed against OA and essentially
called them every form of nincompoop I could think of.  I think
I'll recycle those posts.

Am I taking this personally?  Yes!  I WOULD have bought an
E-400.  No, I'm not interested in the crappy E-500. Rewards or
not, the E-500 is a piece of garbage soon to be relagated to the
heap of model-de-jours.  The E-330 has the live-view going for
it, but the E-400 has what I really want--more pixels and a very
small formfactor.

Is OA going to pass on marketing the new E-x too?  They've got
their E-330, E-500 and a slew of E-1 "Factory Demos" so they are
happy.  What utter stupidity that is coming from them.  I can't
believe that I'm actually considering voting this brand off my
island.  It never affected me much in the past since I always
hunted for good used gear, but nowadays I'm buying new stuff and
I'm expecting the supplier of choice to have some semblance of
marketing and product savvy.

I know, the week is still young, but since the new entry-level
pixel count is 10MP (and agencies are demanding it now), I'm
getting pretty much to the point of throwing grandma (Olympus)
under the bus.  I really like my E-1, but at some point it's
going to be getting rather long in the tooth not only from a
feature/performance perspective, but from a regular
wear-and-tear perspective.  I had to retire my OM gear from
professional use because of these very reasons too.

Maybe I'll just sit on my hands and dump everything for the
Pentax 645-Digital when it comes out.  The OM-2S, 100/2.8 and
35/2.8 will become "museum pieces" to ride out the rest of their
days on the mantle.

Forget it, Olympus.  Just when I thought a company couldn't be
any stupider.  That E-330 and E-500 won't compete for a second
with the 10MP cameras being introduced now. Rewards or not,
these cameras are already less than historical footnotes.

I'm getting much closer to closing this long chapter in my life.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com