[OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:58:17 -0500
> I'm getting much closer to closing this long chapter in my life.

It has looked for some time like there would not be another Olympus in my
life, and I place that squarely at the foot of Olympus, both the USA part
for their total lack of customer service, and at the home office for abysmal
product planning. The only thing that keeps me in OM is the fact that I
never warmed to AF.

As I've said before, I have been waiting for things to shake out some. It
feels to me like the various companies are wandering about looking for a
direction. I am about ready to buy something that will serve me decently,
and solve the traveling by air problems, and continue to wait out things.

The Leica, of course, would be nearly perfect, the new Pentax has
possibilities (limited by the lack of a good lens in the 28-90 range), and
the Sony/Minolta when the Zeiss lenses appear could be my answer.

The question then will be, what to save and what to keep?

Bill Pearce