[OM] Re: [OT] Digital projector evaluation [LONG]

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Digital projector evaluation [LONG]
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 13:36:17 +0800
I have no experience in multimedia projects except the one in the office,
they are all Sanyo DLPs. But I do have an old Panasonic PT-AE500 video
projector at home. All I heard was LCD projectors are better than DLP in
color, a good video DLP like the Marantz VP12S1 is 4-5 times more expensive
than similar LCD projectors.

In the pass the problem of LCD projects are relative low contrast and screen
pixel effects. But today with the latest Panasonic PT-AE900 and Sanyo Z-4,
the problems are vitually non exist. Unfortunately, such home video projects
are having relative low illumination (700-1100 lumens) and with 16:9 pixel
(1280x720) but I belive they will have very good color rendering since I'm
quite happy even with my old AE500.

C.H.Ling