[OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 05:51:21 -0400
More coffee needed, Moose.  I'm sure you know that we have to quadruple
the storage to double the resolution.  But I'm with you on the
resolution front.  I'm happy with my 12.8MP but I'm not sure I'd want
much more.  Lens resolutin is a big question and increased storage space
and processing demands are a certainty.  I recently used the 5D to take
some 4MP JPEGs.  I sure noticed the difference in processing and viewing
between those and the full resoulution shots.  My 5 year old 1.3GHz AMD
processor is showing its age.

I found it really interesting that Canyon didn't increase the pixel
count on the 30D.  They left it at 8MP despite releasing a 10MP 400D
consumer version shortly after.  With the 30D announcement only 5 months
old it seems unlikely that there's a 10MP 40D around the corner.

Chuck Norcutt