[OM] Re: Press Release on Kodak Sensor in M8

Subject: [OM] Re: Press Release on Kodak Sensor in M8
From: AllanDan <allandan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:10:44 -0400
My original message, in its essence, was asking how can consumers be so
easily fooled by marketing. A few years ago, one of the Leica groups ran
a photo contest based on the Family of Man. The only rule was that the
image had to be make with a Leica.  Then someone wanted to know about
using a Leica body with a Voigtlander lens? The answer came back: Well,
yeah, ok! And then, how about a Leica body with one of the Russian
lenses? Yeah, sure. And then, how about a Leica-named digital camera
made by Panasonic with no Leica made components? The answer came back
whispered, yes, as long as the Leica name is on the camera. And finally,
what about a Panasonic made camera with the Panasonic label? That too
was okayed. Some consumers have a self-appointed interest in keeping the
label "elitist" when the reality is otherwise.

Allan