[OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus USA says no to E-400?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:40:12 -0400
The E-400 has a 10MP sensor but it's the same physical size as the E-1
or any of the other four-thirds cameras.  A four-thirds manufacturer
could change the aspect ratio of the sensor but the image circle must
remain the same to meet the standard.  You can see the specs here:
<http://www.dpreview.com/news/0609/06091401olympuse400.asp#specs>

It definitely has some nice features.  I just noticed spot metering with
shadow and highlight control and a 2/10 second self-timer.  Sounds like
an OM-4, OM-10, OM-2000 hybrid.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt