[OM] Re: [OT] Mp3 players

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Mp3 players
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:46:20 +0200
I'll give an non-so-OT reply.....

I have an iPod 60GB version with a camera adaptor. That way, if I go
somewhere without my laptop (ok, it's not happened yet, but it
*might* just happen), after taking pictures, I simply connect my
Olympus (see, I told y'all it wouldn't be OT) to the iPod, and watch
the pictures transfer. I can even view the pictures on the iPod to
know that they're all there and safe, then erase the memory card and
keep shooting. And, of course, drag them off the iPod and into my
laptop when I come home ;)

I used to have a cellphone that I could receive FM radio on. After
having it for a while, I ended up realizing that French FM radio is
no better than FM radio anywhere else ;) and so i use podcasts
instead to grab the news on the go.

Cheers,

--thomas

On Sep 17, 2006, at 3:06 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> Sorry fot the semi-OT here but I know someone here has the answer.  I
> just bought my granddaughter a Creative Labs Zen Nano Plus 1 GB MP3
> Player.  Never saw it or used it.  Just had it shipped directly to her
> from Amazon.  Fortunately she likes it a lot.  I was going to buy a
> SanDisk model but changed my mind after reading Amazon reviews.  The
> Creative player just seemed to be better ranked overall.
>
> Now I've been thinking about buying something similar for myself.
> However, my priorities are totally different from the typical iPod or
> MP3 player customer.  Playing my own recorded music is a very distant
> third on my priority list.  What I really want is:
> 1) the best FM reception available
> 2) handy recording and recall for voice annotation of my OM
> photography
> 3) my own recorded music (which I'd probably rarely listen to)
>
> Suggestions for this priority list?
>
> Thanks,
> Chuck Norcutt

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com