[OM] Re: Bag recommendation

Subject: [OM] Re: Bag recommendation
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:08:35 -0500
Winsor Crosby wrote:

> a backpack that
> looks more like the loose, unpadded hiking type would probably be the
> best. I considered trying to make padded inserts for one once, but
> did not. I have never had anything snatched in public, nor do I know
> anyone who has. I do use a cable to attach my bag to something when I
> am waiting for long periods in an airport when my attention might
> wander.

That's what I'm using for a camera bag now. The OM-1 and a couple of
lenses and some good ol' whatnot fit in a lunchbox-sized LowePro
that I have, but the E-1, the kit lenses, and some other items
don't. So a non-descript backpack from the thrift store it is, with
lots of compartments to stash items and some spare hand towels for
dividing and cushioning the equipment.

My laptop goes into a Neoprene case which fits into a Lands' (sic)
End attaché. Lots of folks at work carry around Targus and Port bags
which obviously hold computers. Maybe I'm just a little paranoid,
but I've been enough places in which I would not have been
comfortable with a carry bag that screamed "I have expensive
electronics in here!"

Steve