[OM] Re: Missing digital ideas

Subject: [OM] Re: Missing digital ideas
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:56:57 -0400
Maybe because a 43x43 sensor has a 60mm diagonal/image circle?  Kidding
aside a 30.4mm square would meet your specs for a square format for 35mm
lenses.  43mm would be interesting if possible but 30.4 doesn't sound so
exciting.  The area is only about 7% larger than a 35mm frame.

However, a big interline sensor providing a real-time view sans mirror
and pentaprism might make a more affordable MF body and signficantly
rejuvenate the value of a lot of medium format glass.

Chuck Norcutt