[OM] Re: Missing digital ideas

Subject: [OM] Re: Missing digital ideas
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:56:37 -0700 (PDT)
> Wow! how many people make a choice on a camera with any
> consideration at all of format? Certainly no one other than
> pro's and hobbiests.
> Way too sophisticated for the average consumer.

I'd suggest that it's way to sophisticated for the average pro!

If, the majority of your images get printed up in standard sizes
such as 5x7, 8x10, 11x14, 16x20, 20x24, then why oh why are we
fixated on buying cameras with 2x3 image ratios which require
mammoth amounts of cropping?

I absolutely hate 35mm format for this very reason for the vast
majority of my image sales.  The E-1's 4/3 ratio is MUCH more
efficient for my purposes.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com