[OM] Re: Film Vs. Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: Film Vs. Digital
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:01:09 -0400
AG Schnozz wrote:

> As I have stated previously about these tests, I've found one
> particular paper for the inkjet that provides more archival
> quality than any chemical print. Ilford Galerie Classic along
> with a high-quality ink (MIS Bulk Inks or Canon OEM) is
> essentially fade-proof.  There is a very slight loss of density,
> but not enough to worry about.  One test print (color charts,
> etc) is actually placed inside a florescent light fixture and
> has been there for over two years now.  The density has
> decreased by about one step on the test target.  Really not bad,
> considering.

Because of your tests, I've used Ilford Galerie Classic with my i960 and
been a happy camper. :) Any chance you might retire the S9000 for the
Pro9500?  I'd be interested to know whether there is a removable head
assembly for the pigment inks similar to the one used in the 1960.

Richard L

If this is a double post, I apologize.  Many posts from yesterday never
showed up on the list, at least not on my end.