[OM] Re: 'Chip' activates focus points

Subject: [OM] Re: 'Chip' activates focus points
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:58:50 -0400
 Hi Chuck,
If I am to misquote you, I will try and do so clearly.  I was attempting to
summarize a thread which has been discussed over a month or two.  I think you
had said that the audio AF signal aid appeared erratic at first.  Your
subsequent post said something to the effect that when the focusing target was
more discrete, the audio focusing aid did correlate with a precise focus.   The
detection system did have trouble with complex focusing targets.  You
thoughtfully left a link to a focusing target  which could be printed out at
one post as well.    There have been reports of 5D's arriving with the focus
being off from the factory.
I certainly would be interested in your f/u opinion.  You had said that one of
these chips may be in your future.
Mike
AOL Mail and more.