[OM] Re: OT Shipping from Frankfurt

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Shipping from Frankfurt
From: marc simon <marc.simon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 22:49:49 +0200
Hi Rob,

Piers Hemy a écrit :
> Frankfurt is, unfortunately, in Germany, whose Deutsche Post owns DHL.
> Looking at the Deutsche Post rates for international parcels (auction site
> purchases from oboy.de!) it is pretty clear to me that they don't want to
> provide that service - they "encouarge" customers to use DHL services.  I
> assume that means they don't have to provide all the low-margin
> international services regulated by UPU.
>
> And Dutch Post Office = TNT.
>
> Best I can suggest is to "pedal" over the border either into Poland (hey,
> don't laugh, it might be Frankfurt-an-der-Oder not -am-Main!) or into
> Belgium - but I think there might be someone better versed on that just
> about to chime in....
> --
> Piers

as Piers said Germany and Nederland Post office, are both owners of
Large Parcels Companies...
I've looked at the cost with the Belgian Post that will be 52 € (66 $)
for a parcel of 10Kg ...
So it seems that the price is not too far from the price of your friends
there are perhaps smaller German companies but when it's an
international invoice I imagine that the price must be in the same league...
The solution is perhaps through somebody from the States coming for the
Photokina as it's next week !
regards
marc
bois-de-villers