[OM] Re: The Latest Truth from Oly about the E-400

Subject: [OM] Re: The Latest Truth from Oly about the E-400
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:21:42 +0800
The practices you and AG mentioned at OA are actually pretty much in other
countries also but if I am unmistaken, Australia doesn't do it. In Malaysia,
it is the same. There is a lot of such nonsense being practised. I am not in
touch with the sales and marketing side of Olympus in Japan and my hands are
tied there.

However I will propose and I will support this, although my name shouldn't
be mentioned. Why not start an online petition to OA. Draft the letter,
state down the points that you clearly object to, state your position and
relationship with Olympus equipment et al. Post the letter on this List and
try to get as many people as possible to sign the petition. I believe we all
have nothing to lose. I myself - not even an American and I don't live in
the US - am extremely concerned with this move. I admit it is moronic.

What do you say?

K.

On 20/09/06, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Olympus is not alone in this. I know that Canon used to do the same
> and probably still does. You get a cheaper price if you move a lot of
> cameras. They probably all do it.
>

> Winsor
> Long Beach, CA
> USA
>

> On Sep 19, 2006, at 2:41 PM, AG Schnozz wrote:
>
> >  Charging the store more for a
> > low-margin item than what the big-box stores are selling the
> > same item for.

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Khen Lim