[OM] Re: fake CF memory cards

Subject: [OM] Re: fake CF memory cards
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:59:25 +0100
"Fake" meaning both of those, Keith.

Using "Fake CF cards" as the search term on that auction site throws up
this, result amongst others.  I guess you can divine the content from the
URL :-)

http://reviews.ebay.com/FAKE-SanDisk-Ultra-Compact-Flash-Cards-Exposed_W0QQu
gidZ10000000001235396

But there is plenty more by way of bitter experience recounted online,
Google would help if you are really curious.

Buy your cards retail, not online, would seem to be the safest approach, but
if you are intent on getting a good deal online, then the onus is very much
on you to check that you "know" what you are buying, and know how to "know".

I would add Li-ion batteries to the "watch list", especially from sellers
claiming to be in Hong Kong (but actually in PRC), selling so-called genuine
batteries for peanuts (but with very steep shipping costs).

--
Piers