[OM] Re: The Pentax K10D

Subject: [OM] Re: The Pentax K10D
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:07:51 -0400
I think you're hallucinating.  The last film announcement was several
years ago but they still offer both 35mm and medium format film cameras
as well as medium format digital. The K10D announcement is only a week
old and three new digital only lenses were announced just this morning.

You're probably thinking of Minolta which went through a lot of painful
restructuring and then folded in with Konica.  When that wasn't enough
they got out of the camera business altogether and sold all the assets
including the rights to the Minolta mount to Sony.  The first product of
that sale is the Sony Alpha DSLR with Minolta mount announced in June
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydslra100/>

Chuck Norcutt