[OM] Re: Semi-OT Battery Rant

Subject: [OM] Re: Semi-OT Battery Rant
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:31:07 -0700 (PDT)
Homeless Joel wrote:
> Shower?  What's that? ;^)

After dropping you guys off in Copper Harbor, I snuck into the
State Park Campground and addressed the odor problem with a warm
shower.  The shower itself was warm, the air was cool. Brrr.
Anyway, after that I headed up on Brockway Mountain to see if I
could get a cell connection.  No go.  Promised my wife I'd talk
to her before her bedtime.  Had to beeline it back to Houghton
before I could get any usable signal.

> Almost ran over a deer myself (you don't hit a deer with my
> van, you run over it).  Woke me up good.  Between that and the
> moonlight I got in another 3 hours driving before beddy-bye.

South of Houghton about 25 minutes, I came across the scene of a
large "Cat" taking down a deer!  Fascinating!  Anyway, I ended
up drifting over to the Porcupines and slept there.  I guess I
could have skipped the Copper Harbor shower and gotten it at the
Porcs, but by that point I wasn't thinking too clearly.

If I wasn't in a hurry to get back Sunday Night, I would have
stayed in Copper Harbor overnight to enjoy the color change up
in the Penninsula.  But it's a LONG ways from Copper Harbor back
to Iowa.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com