[OM] Re: Olympus 11-22mm / f2.8-3.5 digital zoom

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus 11-22mm / f2.8-3.5 digital zoom
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:18:07 -0400
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> If you shoot raw and correct your exposure, white balance and
> contrast/saturation in the raw processing there should be little need
> for 16 bit processing later on.

I use Olympus software for the raw conversion where exposure, WB and
contrast/saturation settings are made and then save to a 16 bit Tiff. I
still use the Curves tool 99% of the time to make final contrast
settings and I prefer to do this in 16 bit mode.  Photokit Sharpener, a
plugin I use 100% of the time, only works in 8 bit mode in PS 7 as well
as the burn tool.  Even though the clone stamp and healing brush work in
8 bit I achieve better results in 16 bit mode.

Richard L