[OM] Re: Opinions? 28-90 F2.8-3.5 VIVITAR SER 1 MACRO?

Subject: [OM] Re: Opinions? 28-90 F2.8-3.5 VIVITAR SER 1 MACRO?
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:40:38 -0400
Greg, I already have an SP 35-80/2.8-3.8 so you've correctly surmised
that I'm looking something wider.

There really are a lot of interesting choices in the 28~?? range,
including the Zuiko 28~48 though I think I'd miss the extra reach the
others provide.  It turns out that some of the f/2.8 constant lenses
are now available for "reasonable" prices.  Bigger of course, but
trade-offs, trade-offs . . .

And then there are the limited range 24~?? lenses, ala the Tamron
24~48 and the Tokina 24~40.

Your link took me to this one:

http://medfmt.8k.com/third/table3.txt

Yikes!

Thanks for the reminder about the Tokina AT-X as well!/ScottGee1