[OM] Red-eye and contact lenses

Subject: [OM] Red-eye and contact lenses
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 21:35:45 +0200
I recently had to take some informal party shots and the low lighting
meant using flash.  The very high ceiling and distance ruled out
bounce.  And the informality meant using 200-300mm so lens-flash
off-axis distance which normally avoids red-eye didn't help much.
What I got was better than nothing but the consequence was red-eye in
some shots.  Normally I use a PS action that I downloaded that copies
the blue-channel luminosity and pastes it into the red channel, so the
red goes but the highlights remain.  It's always been sufficient.

But this time the result looked like the subject had cataracts (ugh)
and I couldn't get a natural result.  It turns out she wears a large
diameter hard contact lens.

Anyone else had experience of this?
cheers
jez