[OM] Re: What OM lenses do you use on your E body - what for & how often

Subject: [OM] Re: What OM lenses do you use on your E body - what for & how often?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 08:17:26 -0400
Enlarging lenses work well as macro lenses since they're optimized for a
flat field and for close work.  An enlargining lens is usually no more
than a couple of feet from the easel.

Lots of enlarging lenses for 35mm work (and mabye larger formats as
well) have 39mm Leica screw threads.  In the golden olden days you could
unscrew your 50mm Summicron (did I get that right?) from your Leica
rangefinder and screw it into the enlarger when you finished shooting
and went into the darkroom.  At least that's where I think the 39mm
standard for enlarger lenses came from.

I'm not sure exactly what would be the simplest way of converting.  I
have an old Spiratone Leica 39mm to T2 thread adapter.  That along with
a T2 to OM or other camera adapter would be one way for bellows work.  I
don't know if there's anything more direct or if you can even still buy
Leica to T2 adapters.  I did a quick Google search and didn't find any
but they may have been in the clutter of more generally available Leica
screw mount to Leica M adapters.

Chuck Norcutt