[OM] Re: Camera lens on Enlargers, was:What OM lenses do you use on your

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera lens on Enlargers, was:What OM lenses do you use on your E body ?
From: Rick Beckrich <rick_beckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 08:47:51 -0700 (PDT)
Actually, the Elmar worked fairly well on my old Valoy.
  But the 'big' lenses really sucked!
  Bigger problem was cooking negs.
  Ol' Rick

AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  > In the golden olden days you could
> unscrew your 50mm Summicron (did I get that right?) from your
> Leica rangefinder and screw it into the enlarger when you
> finished shooting and went into the darkroom.

And imagine with me for a minute the number of cracked elements
from heat! My dad was tickled as Elmo when he finally got a
real enlarger lens. Not only did it withstand the heat without
breaking, but the flatfieldness meant that he didn't have to
stop down to F16 to get anything usable.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com

List usage info: http://www.zuikoholic.com
List nannies: olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx