[OM] OM-1 is #1! (at Camera Review)

Subject: [OM] OM-1 is #1! (at Camera Review)
From: "William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgeezer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 03:38:54 -0700
These sorts of reviews are fascinating, to say the least. Perhaps their biggest
problem is that the reviewers tend to judge a camera's "quality" against
_their_ needs. In other words, if it doesn't work for _them_, it's no good for
anyone else.

One also sees negative comments based on misuse or abuse of the camera.

At least the "don from los angeles" cautionary reviews of Leica M cameras are
well thought-out.

I looked at the IS-10 review, which is near the bottom of the list. The only
fair crticisms are that it's noisy and not highly reliable. (When I went to
sell my IS-10, the autofocus failed an hour before the buyer was supposed to
take possession. I had no problems with an IS-30 or the IS-5 Deluxe.)

By the way, the IS-10 and its followers had a terrific lens.