[OM] Vivitar/Kiron 28/2 questions

Subject: [OM] Vivitar/Kiron 28/2 questions
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:35:46 -0400
Cc: marniemc2002@xxxxxxxxx
I have the Kiron 28 f2.8 which is very nice.  As Chuck had informed me, they
were premium lenses, though their resale value hasn't seemed to hold up. It is
a bit sharper than one of my nl range zooms at f4 and beyond.  At the risk of
stating the obvious, the faster lens will also provide a brighter viewfinder
and may be easier to focus as long it has reasonable MTF wide open as it will
have a narrower DOF.  I noticed the latter with the Kiron compared to one of my
slower nl range zooms which has terrible MTF wide open.
Mike

" 1.) the performance is terrible at f/2. Yes, one would expect it to be so
to some extent, and I have no scientific data to show, just my impression.
But it looks to be beyond generally usable, and definitely worse than the
other lenses I have, at any aperture. It improves when stopping down, but
that sort of defeats the purpose of using the lens in favour of something
slower."
AOL Mail and more.