[OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80mm f2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80mm f2.8
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:45:50 +0000
Those are the screws on the back side of the lens hood, which fits
bass-ackwards on the lens when not in use. I did a doubletake myself, thinking
it was the rear element instead of the front, and rushed to look at mine. Took
off the lens cap and saw exactly the same thing -- minus the scratch, luckily.

And, by the way, my lens hood doesn't fit worth a hoot. Feels rough, gritty
when turned, hard to get on or off in either orientation. I've tried grahite
powder to no avail, and now I'm thinking about some 400 grit sandpaper and/or
maybe some polishing compound. Anybody else had this problem?

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --