[OM] Sometimes life is just like that - topics E1 OM 90F2 and 180F2 (PIC

Subject: [OM] Sometimes life is just like that - topics E1 OM 90F2 and 180F2 (PICS) Broken stuff and life drama
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:20:44 +0200
There what more could you want in a posting.

On Sunday we took Cai (for those new to list Cai was born very poorly
when born and currently is fed through a tube to stomach and breathes
through a trach - hole in neck)  to the zoo, I used OM glass on the E1
and some of the better pictures are posted here see comments for lens
either 90F2 180F2 or 14-54.
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/1935147  apart from my
focussing problems I was disappointed with the bokeh in picture 2.

Now for the broken stuff

As we left I noticed that the 14-54 wasn't auto focussing correctly, on
further investigation the camera no longer connects to the lenses as I
seem the same symptoms with my 14-45. As these are the only lenses I
have for the E series I am tinkering with selling them and putting the
money towards a full frame body. I can still use the E1 with the old
glass, but unless or even if the new E400 is a humdinger I see no reason
not to go full frame - I have the fungal fisheye 21, 24 etc which I
would love to use digitally.

Having waited nearly three years for a decent replacement for my p900, I
forked out for a HTC tytn and on Monday after having spent a couple of
week customising it - I dropped it in the toilet easy come easy go I
suppose, good job I hadn't sold my p900. surgery goes on with the tytn
but outlook is bleak, I have read that soaking it in alcohol may help,
but not sure if that will harm the plastics.

and now the drama.
Later Monday evening whilst we were all playing tridominoes, Jason my
eldest step son shouted for mummy to come and help Cai, she picked him
up and shouted to me quick do something as he lay blue and lifeless in
her arms - I had seen this before, but that was in hospital and the
doctors and nurses dealt with it while I just stroked his head, my heart
skipped a whole tune never mind a beat but fortunately my reaction to
pump oxygen into him and then getting kerstin to suction him was correct
and Cai lives to die another day.

I know these things happen in threes, but didn't the small 1mm scuff in
the front element that I managed last week on the 15-54 count, come on
whoever counts these things in three play fair !!!!

I am still really miffed about the phone though.

cheers IanW