[OM] Re: Looking for an inexpensive general purpose digital

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for an inexpensive general purpose digital
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:24:44 -0700
Aside from the issue whether a 380 mm equivalent lens on a camera
without image stabilization is general purpose, I find the camera
data base on pbase.com is really good to see how successful ordinary
people are in getting good pix with their cameras. Some people seem
to put up everything they take and you can see how consistent the
automatic exposure and focus systems seem to work. A look at the EXIF
info can clue you to metering problems. Most of the good Olympus
galleries have set a reduced exposure compensation for instance.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA