[OM] Re: OT - electric car

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - electric car
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 21:50:25 +0000
But when you consider the cost of transporting the stuff, which must be done by
truck because it's too corrosive to be put through pipelines, and the 10-20
percent decrease in mileage it results in when blended with gasoline, it's a
definite negative.

Corn simply ain't the answer. Now, sugar cane or switchgrass, that's a whole
'nother thing. But since those don't grow all that well in the midwest, the
for-sale political powers there are way more likely to fight than switch. They
know which side of the ear the butter's on and how to hand onto guv'mint
subsidies in exchange for their support of the current crop of miscreants.

Luckily, in these backwards hinterlands down here, we aren't afflicted with
ethanol. Around here, about the only thing we make out of corn, after eating a
few ross'in ears ourselves and feeding the livestock, is good, clear whiskey.
Folks in the midwest might be well advised to follow our example. We seem to be
a lot happier, and corn liquor is worth a lot more per gallon, takes less
energy to make -- thank goodness -- and will take you to places ethanol won't.
;-]

Walt, inebriated old Tennessee hillbilly stuck in Georgia

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>