[OM] Re: The end of the world as we know it--part 400.

Subject: [OM] Re: The end of the world as we know it--part 400.
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:48:13 -0700
If I can suggest something here. Some time ago you expressed a lot of
admiration for a Nikon D2X. The ergonomics of Canon and Nikon are
quite different and while some people can apparently switch between
them readily, some very good photographers using one or the other
definitely do not like the other brand. It does not make the other
one bad. I looked at both brands when I switched. They both make fine
cameras, but for me the reaction to the Nikon was "ooh this is nice."
I still get that feeling, kind of like I did with the Oly. Without
that reaction the little irritants like the crudeness of the feel of
the click wheel or the unpleasant urethane grippiness of another
camera are not overlooked.

Believe me, if you do not like it immediately, you may grow to
respect its capability, but will never like it and you will not pick
it up with enthusiasm. The question is whether you really need
another body to hold Oly lenses. Forget the OM holder aspect(you have
one of those). Buying something you do not want to hold your OM
lenses will not make you happy, if you are anything like me.
Consider any of the other 10MP cameras with its own lenses and you
may find just the thing.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA