[OM] Re: E-Thing Snarling

Subject: [OM] Re: E-Thing Snarling
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:19:09 -0700
I am not particularly bright either, in this field that is.  What stops Oly
from simply putting a new sensor in the old and trusty E-1 body?  Marketing
issues?  Technical issues?  Is there any rule which says that every new
digital body has to be more fancy than the last one?  The OMs did well, and
all looked more or less the same, and all were pretty attractive (and still
are).  In my humble opinion my E-1 is just perfect, I don't need a brighter
viewfinder, I don't need larger LCD, I just want a bit bigger sensor.

> Perhaps some of you non-sensorially challenged folks can explain something
> to me. If Oly can produce a 10MP E-400 not for the U.S. market, what's
> stopping them from producing the 10MP E-Whatever? Are we to assume the
10MP
> sensor for the 400 is inferior to what Oly hopes to put in the E-Thing?
I'm